for Parents » Enrollment Office

Enrollment Office


Enrollment Office Hours:
Monday through Friday, 7:30 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 4:00


Summer Hours - Effective June 10th

Monday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm

Tuesday: 6:30 am - 4:30 pm

Wednesday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm

Thursday: 6:30 am - 4:30 pm

Friday: CLOSED

Enrollment Forms:

Schools of Choice Application


All enrollments need to include the following with the basic application to enroll in Eaton Rapids Public Schools:


  • Immunizations

Michigan law requires the enrolling adult to provide a current list of the student's vaccination status. If your student's former school has an updated list, you may request it from them in order to fulfill this requirement at the time of enrollment.  If it cannot be obtained from the former school, it is the responsibility of the parent or enrolling adult to obtain this information from the doctor or health department where the student received his/her vaccinations.  A list of required vaccinations is available here


  • Residency Requirement

Supply two proofs of residency or complete an approved Schools of Choice Application.  The person who owns or rents the home, trailer or apartment must provide the items showing the in-district address, and must sign an affidavit affirming that the student shares the home. Items such as a utility bill, property tax bill, or a copy of a rental/lease agreement can be used for this purpose. If the student (with or without his/her family) lives with friends or relatives or lacks a regular, permanent place to go each night, please notify the Enrollment Coordinator of this circumstance even if it is temporary. If the student lives outside the district, review the information on Schools of Choice.  


  • Birth Certificate

You will need to show us a certified, original copy of the student's birth certificate (birth certificates do not have to be from the United States).  We won't keep it, but we do need to see it. If you do not have one, talk to the Enrollment Coordinator about your circumstances. Michigan law requires the enrolling adult to provide this. If you do not have the original, your student may be able to start but must present the original birth certificate within 30 days. This law was passed to prevent children who have been stolen from their parents or guardians from being transferred from school-to-school.  If the original is not presented within 30 days of enrollment, the district must notify local law enforcement in accordance with the missing child act.


  • Additional Requirements for Kindergarten and Developmental Kindergarten students

Hearing and vision screening tests are required in order to start attending any Kindergarten program. The Barry-Eaton County or Ingham County Health Departments provide free hearing and visions tests for children starting kindergarten. Call BECHD at 517-541-2630 or ICHD at 517-887-4500 for more information. Call early!  Screenings at BECHD only occur on one day every other month.


  • Additional Requirements for High School Students

A transcript of high school credits earned is required. If your student has earned any high school credits, you must bring a transcript showing the school name, course name, grade received, and the number of credits earned for each class. Transcripts DO NOT have to be requested from one school by another school to be released. The Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires a school to provide parents and students 18 or older with an opportunity to see educational records such as a transcript within 45 days of the receipt of a request. A school is required to provide copies of records if the student lives outside of commuting distance of the school.


If your high school student is interested in playing sports, please fill out the athletics participation form in order for the school to determine eligibility under MHSAA regulations. It is located in the forms section above.


Return All Documents to:


Brianna Kinney - Central Registrar
Greyhound Central Office Building (East Entrance)
912 S Greyhound Drive, Eaton Rapids, MI 48827

517-663-1313 phone
517-663-2236 fax